Sunday, June 22, 2008

Blueberry Pancakes













These pancakes marked the first McFadden family breakfast gathering in half a year. With Katie just back from Spain, and me recovered enough from my wisdom teeth extraction to chew, we set out for antioxidant heaven. We chose a recipe adapted from Milk and Cookies Hotcakes but used whole wheat flour and cottage cheese instead of yogurt for no better reason other than our lack of yogurt and my love of cottage cheese. Katie whipped the egg whites to soft peak perfection and we all gobbled them down. I had just enough time to sneak in a picture of the finished product right before is was consumed .

1 comment:

Domestic Goddess said...

These pancakes sound amazing...all of a sudden I am craving blueberry pancakes!

I can't wait to see what you cook up for Mmm...Canada the Sugar High Edition!

Keep up with the great work on your blog!