Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Vegetable Gratin




I was inspired to make this dish because it used summer vegetables and looked yummy. It was the featured recipe on cooks and there was a pretty good video on how to make it. I'd never made a vegetable gratin, or any gratin (the most famous is the potato gratin) but I thought I'd try it out. For a seemingly simple recipe, it's actually pretty laborious so I would suggest this only if you have the time to make it. The recipe is rather lengthy only because the water has to be removed from the vegetables and replaced with herbed oil. The recipe is from Cooks Illustrated. I would post the recipe but I'm not sure about the copyright laws so here is a link: Vegetable Gratin. The cooks website has a free video that is short and sweet that takes you step by step. It's worth the two minutes to check it out. Happy cooking!

No comments: